If you have enabled the WordPerfect options on the General tab of Tools |
Options, that may be the reason you're getting a different format when you
press Enter. As for the codes, see
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/General/RevealCodes.htm

"Jeff D'Amelio" wrote in message
I am on my 13th page of a document. One page has a totally different

format.
The rest all have the same format. As I am typing on page 13 as I go

from
line to line I am losing my margins and tabs. Sometimes I am able to

correct
this with some key combination but it seems to be happening on every line

start. Getting very frustrated. Trained on WP and would like to see the
codes!!!