Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
zxcv zxcv is offline

Default clear history recently used docs

It didn't work. When I deleted a file in the recent folder, it didn't get
rid of the recent history link, instead it deleted the file itself. Any
other suggestions out there?
Thanks

"Pranav Vaidya" wrote:

If you are using Win XP then check out the below location

C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Recent

All the office recent document links are stored here.
Delete the files you want from here. Make sure Word is closed before you do
this.

HTH,
--
Pranav Vaidya
VBA Developer

"zxcv" wrote:

Refering to Word 2003, I want to delete file paths on the recently used list
on the File menu. I know I can get rid of them all in the options dialog
box, but what if I only want to get rid of links that lead to files that I
have deleted? Is there a way of doing that?
Thanks