Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Page Number Setting

The invention or discovery of zero was the concept that made arabic numerals
so vastly superior to roman and other numbering methods. No, of course there
is no representation for zero in roman numerals, much less in the alphabet.

http://word.mvps.org

"Robert M. Franz [RMF]" wrote in message
Hello Peter

Peter T. Daniels wrote:
[..]
ahh, good catch. Problem is, this cannot be done with roman numerals in
Word.

Well, that's dumb! I just checked it out ... you also can't start
numbering using Arabic letters with 0. (I didn't bother trying the
Hebrew letters option.)

well, I can imagine why the developers force the minimum start at "1" for
roman numerals and for letters: there probably isn't a a "zero" value for
either.

HTH
Robert
--