Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe G

Default Shortcut Keys Do Not Save

Where is "Elsewhere?" I'd like to see the response.

My problem is slightly different. When I assign macros to a shortcut
key via Tools/Customize/Keyboard, they show up as assigned but don't
work. Assigned styles do.

When I delete and recreate the Macro and assign it a shortcut key at
that time, it works fine.

This problem is fairly new to me, though I can't pinpoint exactly when
it began.
Joe G.

Suzanne S. Barnhill Wrote:
Please see my reply to your duplicate question elsewhere.

User wrote:
My problem is that MS Word will not save the customized Shortcut Keys
that[/i]

I-
set up for my keyboard. I go to Tools- Customize- Keyboard, and then
assign new shortcut keys and save the changes in: Normal. I then
close-
out-
of both screens. The shortcut keys work properly until I exit MS
Word.-
When-
I reopen Word, the shortcut keys that I had previously set up no
longer-
work.-
The same thing happens when I save Macros. For some reason, all the
customized settings disappear when I exit the MS Word Application.
Does
anyone know how to solve this problem? The PC has just been formatted
and-
is-
completely clear of errors. I have Norton Internet Security and
Norton
System Works installed, so everything is well protected and running-
nicely.-
The MS Word application is from a newly installed Microsoft 2003
student-
and-
teacher edition, which is updated and activated. I cant seem to
figure-
out-
what is going on, and I would be extremely happy if someone could
provide
some on this matter!!
-[/color]

--