Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bear[_2_] Bear[_2_] is offline

Default Table of Contents delete row

K79:

You can unlink the TOC field by selecting it then pressing Ctrl+Shift+F9.
The TOC is now dead text.

You can lock the TOC field so it will not be updated by selecting it and
pressing Ctrl+F11 (unlock it with Ctrl+Shift+F11).

What you really need to do (I think) is find the heading you wish to
exclude and assign it a different style name -- one that is not included in
the TOC.

For example, say you've coded the heading Contents as Heading 1. You don't
want it to appear in the TOC, however. You would place the insertion point in
the heading, then type a new style name into the Style list, such as "XH1".

The word Content will still look the same, because you've just defined a new
style called XH1 that's based on Heading 1. However, XH1 headings (and thus
"Contents") will not appear in the TOC.

Bear
--
Windows XP, Word 2000

"k79" wrote:

how do I delete a row from a table of cotents while making sure that Update
Table does not bring it back?