Greg Maxey

James,

This makes it a little more general. You can run the FiledID macro on all
textform fields after the Initials field.

Sub FieldID()
Dim myString As String
Dim pFldName As String
myString = ActiveDocument.FormFields("Text1").Result
If Selection.FormFields.Count = 1 Then
pFldName = Selection.FormFields(1).Name
ElseIf Selection.FormFields.Count = 0 And Selection.Bookmarks.Count 0 Then
pFldName = Selection.Bookmarks(Selection.Bookmarks.Count).Nam e
End If
ActiveDocument.FormFields(pFldName).Result = myString & " " _
& Format(Date, "mm/dd/yy") & ": "
Selection.Move Unit:=wdCharacter, Count:=15
End Sub

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

James" wrote:
Hello,

I have a form where one field asks for the persons initials. I would
like any field that the user is in to automatically insert thier
initials and date and then allow them to insert thier own text.

Example:

Field INITIAL: JWA
Fieled COMMENTS: JWA 5/5/05: This is my comment.

In the field COMMENTS once the user is in the field it would
automatically insert their initials and the current date along with a
semicolon.

Thanks in advance!

JA