Eddie Keator

I tried your method.... I got syntax errors

I'm afriad that you're right... about being optimistic.

I sent the doc (stripped down version) to our last Connections Presentor (at
his invite) and we'll see how that works out.

Thanks again Klause
-Eddie

"Klaus Linke" wrote:

Hi Eddie,

I am sure that there is a formula solution to resetting the the page
number adter each Header 1 style (which is level 1 in my outline
and TOC).

Glad you have so much confidence in Word, but I'm afraid you may be a bit
optimistic.

The only solutions avoiding section breaks that I can think of are pretty
ugly.

You could insert a cross reference to the heading's page number after each
heading and format it in a white character style.
Let's call that style h_page, then you can put the running chapter page
number in the header using
{ = { Page } - { StyleRef "h_page" } + 1 }

If you write a macro to insert the cross references (PageRef fields), I'd
make that strip out all the old ones and insert them anew.

It seems very unlikely to me that there's a wholly automatic solution.
Such a solution would need to get at the page number of the last "Heading 1"
paragraph, and I don't think that can be done.

It would be nice if you could use built-in bookmarks for something like
that:
{ PageRef \\HeadingLevel }
.... but it does not work.

Greetings,