Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dorothy M F Dorothy M F is offline

Default Selecting and grouping objects

In Word 2003, one can select a picture and a text box (or multiple pictures
and multiple text boxes) and group them (an extremely useful feature for
someone preparing materials in organic chemistry). I have been unable to do
this in Word 2007. I've tried boxing things with the select tool (text boxes
are selected but not the pictures) with and without the shift key or the
control key or the shift/control keys. Same with mouse clicking. It is a
trivial task in 2003; is this simply unavailable in 2007?