Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Footers staying within one line

Instead of using spaces, use the built-in tab stops. If you will not have
anything in the center, delete the center tab stop so that only the right
stop at the right margin remains. Type the address, Tab once, and type the
copyright information.

"John in Riverbank" wrote in
message ...
Hello All,
I've got a problem with footers. It seems (from the best I can tell) that

footer will not automatically compress itself to one line. What I mean:

The
footer contains address (left side of footer) and copyright information
(right side of footer). The address might be long enough to push the

footer
to two lines. We'd normally delete spaces between the two items but I've
been asked if the footer will do it automatically. Can it?

Many thanks,
John