Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Footers staying within one line

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...lyIndented.htm

"John in Riverbank" wrote in
message ...
Okay, here's the real problem:
I was told two-line footers were showing up everywhere in the document,

but
in reality (after my own inspection of the report), one page that gets
inserted via AutoText ends up having a footer that doesn't have the same
width as the other footers; it's missing about a half inch on the left,
pushing the text in the footer to two lines. I have other issues with

these
inserted pages (they're too deep for me at this time) but I can usually

solve
them. This little footer problem on the one page is tough. Can it be

solved?

Many thanks,
John

"Sarah R" wrote:

John,

If I understand your question correctly, you need two areas of info in

the
footer: (1) the address and (2) the copyright. The address text may be

long
enough to take up more than 1 line, but you want it to truncate to (a)

just 1
line and (b) before the right side of that line, where the copyright

info
goes.

If so, insert a 2-column, 1-row table into the footer. Adjust the

column
widths so that the left (i.e., address) column is (presumably) much

wider
than the right column. (You probably also want the right column to be
right-aligned.) Select the entire table then set Table Table

Properties
Borders button None. For the address column, set Table Table

Properties
Row tab Specify Row Height to 0.02" (works for a single line of text

with
12 pt Times New Roman; test for other fonts/font sizes) and set Row

Height to
"Exactly." This will "lock" the address column to displaying just 1

line of
text, no matter how much text is actually there.

Is that what you needed?

-- Sarah