Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RickyC RickyC is offline

Default Is Word Converter Compatible with Server 2008??????

We have tried to install the word converter (so 2003 word can read and save
2008 documents). When you try to open a 2007 document, we get the error "
There was an error opening file" We have tried on a production server and
also test server had have the same results. Uninstall and reinstall several
times and . Run as Administrator, everything but no luck. Everything is
up-to-date with the lates service packs. We would install Office 2007, but
the clients app that does merge to word is not compatible with Word 2007.

Is the word converter compatible with Server 2008 Terminal Server?