Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Word 2003 - setting default Merge options

Create the following macro in the Normal.dot template, or better in a
template that you save in the Word Startup folder so that it is loaded as an
addin

Sub MailMergeToDoc()

With ActiveDocument.MailMerge
.Destination = wdSendToNewDocument
.Execute
End With

End Sub

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Candace" wrote in message
When I click on the "Merge to New Document" button on the mail merge
toolbar,
I get a dialog box asking whether I want to merge "All", "Current record",
etc. Is there anyway to set it up so that it automatically merges "All"
without prompting me?