Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
ADi ADi is offline

Default Mail Merge Question: how to save individual files after merging

Hi Pros,
Happy new year.
I have a mail merge question.

After completing the mail merge, i get a single combined merged file.
To split and save that file into individual files, i have requested on this
forum before and some one was kind enough to give me a script.

However for the script to work, the combined merged document has to be
formatted, the first subdoc as Level-1 and the second as Level-2 etc for all
subdocs in the merged document.

This is a manual effort and if i have merged 50 documents, then i have to do
the formatting(Level-1 thru Level-50) manually.

Is there any way to simplify this? How can i automate this part also,so that
the merged document already contains the page levels (Level-1 thru Level-50)
without me manually formatting and saving? Also is there a way to avoid this
step and still able to save individual files from merged doc?

Thanks for all your help.

Regards,
Adi