Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aeneas Aeneas is offline

Default Figures and captions

Glad you came up with a solution to your problem

"thermoregulator" wrote:

floating graphics. The pics are inserted 'in line with text' and I am able
to update the fields as long as I don't group the 'pic and caption' into a
frame.

After a little tinkering I found the problem/solution. I typically
cut/paste with the right mouse button. When you right click with both 'pic
and caption' selected you lose the caption selection - BUT if you use ctrl-X
you maintain the coupled selection and thus are able to accomplish the move
in 1 step.