Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PRR PRR is offline

Default Word 97 or 2000 able to insert umlauts?

I'm using the US-English keyboard. Yes you are correct, the colon will
get you the umlaut--I was thinking of other programs that have other
such shortcuts.

On May 15, 1:56*pm, "Peter T. Daniels" wrote:
Which keyboard are you using? The shortcut in English (US) is Ctrl-:
(colon), not quotation marks.

On May 15, 4:10*pm, PRR wrote:

Great. Thanks. I currently have Word 2003, but not 2000 or 97 so I
couldn't check.

On May 15, 11:53*am, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The shortcut keys will work in any version of Word.- Hide quoted text -