Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom Ferguson Tom Ferguson is offline

Default COMPLETELY protecting a Word document

No. The best you can do is to make it difficult for the recipient to
make changes.

One means to that end is to send the documents as a graphics file rather
than as any type of formatted text file. To that end, there are suitable
quaisi-printer drivers that produce graphics, say TIFF, as output.

eg.

http://www.peernet.com/tiff/index.html

http://www.informatik.com/tiffwork.html

However, even this is not uneditable. One cam pass it through an optical
character recognition package and recover editable text.

Tom

MSMVP

Windows Shell/User