Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Marge

Default Database Mail Merge with Currency!

Graham,

I have already laminated a copy of your site on Formatting Word Fields with
Switches, sigh. But I have one that I can't get to work. I have an Excel
S/Sheet with Column formatted as 100.00% (84.00%, 45.00%, etc., etc.). I need
to Merge it into my Word document in that format, but I can only get it to
come in without zeros or percent sign(i.e. 100.00% comes in as a "1" ). I
have tried the following switches - nothing works:

{MERGEFIELD "FTE" \# "0%"}
AND
{={MERGEFIELD "FTE"} *100\# "0%"} as you recommeded in your article. I can't
get it to do anything but the number "1" all by itself.

Is there any chance they are going to "fix" this mail merge formatting
business in Office 2007(12)? I can't imagine that my office users are the
ONLY ones who hate it!

Thank you for your help!

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

The merge doesn't bring over the formatting. Use a switch on the mergefield
eg

{Mergefield fieldname \# "£,0.00"}

see http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm

WendyMc wrote:
I would appreciate some advice on using an existing database to
complete a mail merge. The database has a currency field, but when I
attach this to my letter all formatting is lost - £23,000 becomes
23000. Is there a simple reason for this? Any help would be fab.

Many thanks in advance
Wendy