Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
david david is offline

Default Booklet Printing from Word 2007 Document

On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 22:47:09 -0500, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

I usually use the "All" choice for "Sheets per booklet." Just keep in mind
that they need to be a multiple of 4. Unless you have a printer that
duplexes automatically, your best bet is to print just one side of a page
and duplex by photocopying, but you could experiment with Word's "Manual
duplex" setting.

As for the number of pages, when you go to create a booklet, keep in mind
that you will probably want to reduce the margins and type size from what
you would use for a full-sized page.

I need to thank you for all your suggestions. Word does a good job
for me with the booklet printing. The fact that Word reflows the text
is fine for my application. But, I suppose that depends on what your
end product is.

I did find one other interesting way of booklet printing. I use Word
2007 to add footnotes, page numbers, borders, etc. - any other special
effects desired. I then use a special download from Microsoft's
download site to do a "save as" to a pdf file. I use Adobe Acrobat
(at least 8.1) to print using Adobe's booklet print mode. Using Adobe
to do the booklet printing keeps the same text on a given page. Adobe
reduces the margins a small amount. Adobe also allows you to print
only the front side, back side and to reverse the page order. This is
handy for some printers - like my laser.

Dave