Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Windows XP user

Default Create backgrounds in a table cell.

Hello there,

Currently I am using MS Office Word 2003 (11.6568.6568) SP2.

For a while I have attempted to do this in Word however it seems not to work
although using a desk top publications such as CorelDraw this can be made
quite easily.

In a document I create a table containing 5-rows and 7-columns. It is to be
something like a calendar where each cell from the second to the forth row
will represent a date and I place in those cells small information about
what is to happen on that day. The first row obviously being a heading for
each day. The table format I am using is "web 3".

In each cell from the second to forth row I would like to add two things.
The first as a background is the date as an inserted text box and the second
is the standard information set to be directly in the middle of the cell,
centred. The illusion I wish to protrude is a calendar where each cell is
showing a faded background date (Arial Size 72 25% Black) with what is
happening on that date set in standard type (Times New Roman Size 12 100%
Black)

Wanting to create the background date I attempted to insert a horizontal
Text Box and make the size close to the size of the cell. In the text box
shows an individual number "09" in Arial to the Size-72 and 25% grey. The
text box format was then set to go behind the text and now it looks like the
calendar is taking shape however the usual problem appears.

The cell alignment is normally ser to centred both vertically and
horizontally. Once the text box is inserted into the cell and into the
background, the standard text is then moved to the top of the cell, centred.
I thought that this is a small bug but as I type in the information, I see
the background is also moving down along with the text. I tried locking
down the anchor and other settings but it is still the same thing is
happening.

I would have thought that setting it to "behind the text" would do the trick
but it looks like I am in trouble. I can do this in CorelDraw but it is to
clinical and I prefer if I can do it in Word so if someone out there has a
solution to this, please advise me and I would be very much grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Kindest regards