Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default what does "Field code changed" mean?

Hi Melissa,

Can somebody explain what "Field code changed" means? I turned tracking on
in my document and saw this remark after performing several updates. In the
areas where this remark appears, I can't see any difference between the
current and original text or diagrams.

Most of the dynamic content in a Word document (such as links and many embedded
objects, Tocs, indexes, etc.) is maintained by field codes. When they're
updated, you'll get this notation when change tracking is active. It doesn't
matter whether the result still looks the same, it's been regenerated so there's
been a change "under the covers". The nice thing about it is, if you don't like
the update you can get the original back.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)