Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Hiding the heading and page number on first page of each chapter?

Insert section breaks between chapters and use the "Different first page"
setting (Layout tab of Page Setup) to leave the First Page Header/Footer
blank. See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm for more.

"Rene'" wrote in message
This is for my dissertation. I am not allowed to have a heading or page
number on the first page of each chapter, but I want this page to be

counted.
In other words, I need to keep all of my page numbers for my document but
hide the heading and page numbers (make invisible) that appear on the

first
page of each chapter. I don't want chapter two to start with new page
numbers. I want all of the pages and headings to remain the same, but I

just
need to make it where you cannot see the heading and page number on the

first
page of each chapter. How do you do this?
Thanks