No, the graphic is not on your PC (it may be cached, but not actually
saved). Windows is copying what it sees, which is a link to the graphic.
Rarely are graphics actually embedded in Web pages. If you examine the HTML
of a Web page, you will see that every graphic is a link to a picture file
stored elsewhere.

I am not an Outlook user, so I can't speak to what is happening there, but
try this test (if you can): paste your graphic into an Outlook message and
send it to yourself. When you receive the message, disconnect from the
Internet (set Outlook offline) before opening it. Do you see the graphic, or
does Outlook try to connect to get it?

"Stro" wrote in message
You've just proved my point. You are not pasting the graphic itself but

link to it.

It's not me, it's Word which decides to paste the link but not graphics.
Outlook's New Message window pastes the graphics Ok.

If you disconnect from the Internet, you will see a red X
instead of your picture.

Ok but so what? The graphics is here, on my PC, just downloaded. It's

still
ridiculous (and a shame) that two MS products can't do basic copy-paste
operation between them.

The bottom line is, I can't change it. And that's a pity.