simple si

Hi Cindy,

The template is used for firm invoices. the cell i don't want editing in
contains the word fee.

the Table is set to do it's calculations by bookmarked cells (net and Vat
totals entered in specific cells). Where a cell has been bookmarked Word
picks up on numbers entered in the whole row rather than just that cell. if
someone puts e.g. an invoice number next to the word "fee" it adds that into
the bookmark and therefore the invoice total.

Luc's tips work but i can see it confusing/annoying our users who may want
to enter more details in the cell. I have looked at using SUM (Above) and
cell referencing but they are easily broken by extra rows being added and
when subtotals are used.

Any more ideas which i should look at?

thanks

si

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?c2ltcGxlIHNp?=,

I need to protect 1 cell in a table from being edited. this is due to
bookmarks in tables spreading over the whole row rather than just the
selected cell.

i tried looking at section breaks and protecting between but couldn't figure
this out. the rest of the document needs to be editable. i am not looking to
create a form as a replacement. word Xp & 2003.

If this were Word 2003, only, then you could select EVERYTHING else and allow
"everyone" to edit it.

With an earlier version of Word involved, there really isn't any good way to do
this. Especially since you haven't told us what role the information in the
cell plays in the document. Short of inserting form fields in all the other
cells (and maybe doing other things with the rest of the document - again, you
don't tell us enough), the best I can suggest would be to put the text into a
graphic and position the graphic BEHIND the table.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)