Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
-Nisko- -Nisko- is offline

Default How use mail merge with envelopes?

You hit the nail on the head. I could have used a "template", but I want to
learn how to do this myself...that's why I didn't take Graham's advice.
Where it says "Arrange Envelope", I placed the Address Block - and just
below it, I placed the Postal Code (tied to the Zip Code). That's what
moved the frame down to the next page. OK, that being said, how should I
have done it at that point so that the address would have gone into the
frame and the Postal Code just below it? If I can learn this, I don't think
I'll have any more problems. Thanks...........

Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote in message
It is correct that the Envelope Address style does include a Frame into
which it is intended that the address be inserted and that the frame is
offset from the left and top of the letter so that the address will appear
in the usual position on the envelope.

If you did not insert the merge fields into that frame, but rather placed
them elsewhere on the envelope and forced them into the position of the
frame, then it is quite likely that you displaced the frame causing it to
be located off the edge of the envelope and that is what was causing the
problem.

If you had taken the advice that Graham Mayor first gave you, you would
have almost certainly avoided this problem.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"-Nisko-" wrote in message
OK, the reason I was getting a blank page was because each envelope had a
(hidden) frame or text box where the recipients name and address was
supposed to go (I think). Is this true? If so, the name and address
began in the MIDDLE of the text box, not at the left hand side. I don't
think this makes sense. Could somebody explain this to me please?
Thanks...

We can't tell you what you are doing wrong unless you tell us exactly
and completely every detail of how you went about it.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"-Nisko-" wrote in message
Several times a year I address envelopes with a database I've created.
However, I've never figured out how to use the mail merge correctly. I
always end up with one envelope (on the monitor) with an address - then
one blank, then one with the second address, then one blank, etc.
Could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong - the tell me how to do it
right so that I can put about 10 envelopes in my printer at a time
instead of one by one. The way it works for me is: I have to place the
cursor on an envelope (on the monitor) with an address - then print the
'selected page.' Then, I have to skip the blank envelope and go to the
next one (with an address) and print the same way again. Can someone
help? Thank...........