Anne Troy

Default adding new notes to doc with old notes just written as text

That is Word's default behavior, Joseph. Likely, your fields just aren't
updating, so you don't notice that these items would renumber properly. See:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/u...osoft_word.htm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"JB" wrote in message
Hello,

I need to revise a paper I wrote with endnotes. However, I just wrote the
number of the note within the text and in the notes section as regular
text.
I.e., I just wrote '1', selected it, then I did Format--Font--Superscript,
and then wrote the content of the note at the end of the paper. I realize
now
I was doing this incorrectly. As I'm revising the document, I will need to
write new paragraphs with new notes in the middle of the paper. Would
there
be any way in which I can have word recognize the existing notes and then
automatically renumber them when I write new ones? Thanks for any help.

Joseph