Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Word 2007 - where is outline numbering?????

From the multilevel list gallery, click the list that look most like your
own. Then click new multilevel list. In the resulting dialog, which looks
much like the one in W2003, make your changes following the procedures you
used with 2003 (per Shauna Kelly).

Once you get past the idea that the multilevel list set up is not in in the
modify styles dialogs, most steps are pretty much as they were in W2003.

Actually the behavior of this feature seems to be the same as or very close
to what it was in W2003. Recall that doing something as little as changing
the color of a bullet or adjusting the character after the number results in
a new list icon in W2003. And the lists are machine specific not document
specific in both versions. What seems to be missing in W2007 is the ability
to reset a list back to the default. But Word 2007 makes it clearer that
you can make a modifiable multilevel list by creating a list style. I
believe this list style is what was called list template in W2003.

HTH,
PamC

wrote:
How the hell do I change the format of my outline numbering in my
Heading 1 style.

This style has a alpha prefix to the number, and was created in Word
97. I now want to add an underline to my numbering and text, but when
I click on Modify to any styles, there is only an option to change the
Number format and not the Outline number format.

I suspect their new "Multilevel list" is the Outline numbering, but
its not an option to edit in a style.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Cheers

Grant