Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] creakinator@gmail.com is offline

Default Copying Docs with templates From computer to computer

I created a template that contains the outline numbering styles,
toolbars and such that I want to use in documents that many people at
work will be using.

This is my problem- How can I share this 'master' document with others
so they can write the manuals with the outline numbering that I want
them to use?

I saw when I copied the directory containing all my manuals to my USB
drive so I could work on it at home the styles became the styles that
were on my computer. So that Heading 1 style from my document turned
into Heading 1 style on my computer. Something happened. What? and
how do I stop from happening. Most folks at work will just copy the
document from the main 'shared' drive to their computer - will the
template I used for the document stay or will the normal.dot corrupt
it?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks for your help

Christy K.