Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Inserting addresses

AutoText as we new it has gone. I cannot get my head round why the
AutoComplete was killed off (except for dates) but that's the way it is.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"PE" wrote in message
In Word 2003 I had set up various addresses as AutoText enteries and
everytime I started typing the first line of the address I was offered the
whole address to enter if I chose to. AutoText seems to be have
disappeared
from Word 2007 and replaced by Gallery. I have created a couple of
addresses in this but they have to be chosen from a list and do not seem
be offered automatically as before. Is there a way to change this?

Also, is it possible to bring the addresses saved as AutoText in 2003 - I
have a copy of normal.dot which I believe is where they would be stored.