Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Word 2003 Abnormal Program Termination

Without the *exact* text of the dialog box - including its title bar, and
what you are doing at the time to trigger it, it is difficult to be
specific, but chances are that this is an add-in issue - see
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

mm in Oklahoma wrote:
When I start up Microsoft Office Word 2003, I periodically get an
error message that says abnormal program termination. I am given the
options of ignore, retry or terminate. If I hit retry 3 or 4 times,
I can usually continue but then I lose the ability to paste
information into the document. Selecting ignore ends the application
and terminate (or end) ends the program as well. This has been a
problem since last fall. I have researched the problem in the past
without success. The research generally suggests that an upgrade of
software somewhere is impacting Word but I can't narrow the software
down due the time lapse. My general search also indicates that many
people are experiencing similar problems all starting in the same
timeframe and continuing to now. Since I use Word for classes and
outlines, I need it to work. The error also sometimes occurs during
use of the Word and abnormal ends the program then and there.