Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DW Roberts DW Roberts is offline

Default Keep multi-level list items on same page, or move to next?

Hi everyone,

I am working on my doctoral thesis in Word 2007, and I have an appendix
where I need to display names with some characteristics, for example:

JOHN SMITH
- 48 years old.
- Married.
- Two children.

I need to make sure that these multi-level lists stay on the same page, or
move onto the next page if they don't have enough space. My current problem
is that I cannot find a way to do this, and so I constantly have this problem:

JOHN SMITH
- 48 years old.
====end of page====
- Married.
- Two children.

Is there any elegant way that I can force this sort of list onto the next
page if it doesn't have enough space? I've been playing with widow/orphan
controls and trying to keep lines together, but this is driving me insane!

It's possible that lists simply cannot do what I want, in which case I would
value any suggestions (maybe using a table?).

Thanks in advance for your help, and I look forward to hearing from you!

DW Roberts.
London School of Economics.