Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default "pattern" in Word 2003?

That was the third possibility Chris's original wording suggested, so I
guess we've now covered the waterfront (and may never hear from Chris
again).

"PamC via OfficeKB.com" u43222@uwe wrote in message
If what you want is shading or crosshatching behind your text, go to
borders
and shading and select the shading tab. (Here's where my memory of W2003
screens fades a bit, so I'll just tell you what I see in W2007.) In W2007
there is a section called Patterns. In the selection box, scroll past the
percent gray selections to get to the crosshatching patterns.

Yes, you should be able to record a macro to do this quickly. Note,
though,
that a macro set up to add crosshatching to a a regular text paragraph
might
not work as expected in a table or text box.

PamC

Chris wrote:
I have Word 2003.

How do I add a pattern to selected text?

Is it possible to create a button on the toobar which gives access to
this quickly?