Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dan Johnson[_2_] Dan Johnson[_2_] is offline

Default Locking data in Word

I received a Word document this week that had a format for which areas were locked from editing and other areas free to add data (similar to Excel) with a highlighted area that indicates those areas that NEED to be edited. Our corporation currently uses Office 2000 so I know there are some additional features in the later versions but was wondering what version it takes to be able to "lock" particular areas of the document while indicating the areas that need information added.

Your assistance is appreciated.

--
Dan Johnson