Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Janet Janet is offline

Default Can't print labels

Just bought a new computer with Vista and Word 2007. I'm unable to print
address labels using the mail merge. I can create the labels, but when I
select "print" from the "finish & merge" section or using the mail merge
wizard, a window pops up briefly saying it's printing, but in reality nothing
happens; if I open the status window for the printer, nothing's in there. If
I save the document and then try to print it, it goes to the printer; when I
open the printer status window, it tells me it's printing, but nothing
happens and after about 10 minutes, "printing" changes to "error." When I try
to delete the file, it says "deleting," but it never goes away until I unplug
the printer. I've had the same results on two different printers, and I've
downloaded Vista drivers for each. I also tried saving the labels in Word
97-2003 format instead of Word 2007, with no better result. I'm able to print
other documents, including labels that I created on my old computer but
nothing new. Any suggestions?