Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default My boss hasn't used Styles, what is the solution?

Part of what you're seeing in the Styles and Formatting dialog (or Styles
dropdown) is probably "formatting" rather than styles. You can cut out a lot
of this underbrush by clearing the check box for "Keep track of formatting"
on the Edit tab of Tools | Options. Applying correct styles should remove
the direct formatting; if it doesn't, selecting the text and pressing
Ctrl+Spacebar and Ctrl+Q will certainly do so.

"Khoshravan" wrote in message
My impression
I read the tutorial written by Charles Kyle Kenyon in

http://addbalance.com/
about the importance of style. I was aware of that and have used styles to
some extent but after reading that I have decided not to make a file
(especially a long one) without using styles.

My problem
My boss has given a 500 page word file in 12 files standing for 12

chapters
of a report. He has asked me to amend different spacing and fonts in
different parts of the report and make it unique to look same. I thought
using the style could be the best solution. Original files dont have

styles.
When I open the style box many ugly hand-formatted styles with no name
occurs. I thought it would be possible to select paragraphs and change

their
styles from style window but it didnt work as I think the main style are
same but different paragraphs has minor changes. So what is your

suggestion
for me? Shall I define a new style and go through all paragraphs and

change
them? Is there any VBA solution to it automatically?
Also one more question: I want to know about the general fee of those who

do
this job as paid consultancy. TIA

--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar