Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Patrik Spieß[_2_] Patrik Spieß[_2_] is offline

Default How do I make the "before spacing" ignored on first line of pa

Hello Terry,

Thanks for pointing me to the options. The options that did what I wanted
was "Suppress Space Before after a hard page or column break".

I find it a bit odd that these options are hidden behind "Advanced
Compatibility Layout". Shouldn't that setting be the default?

Best regards,
Patrik

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

Yes. You will find several Suppress Spaces options under Compatibility
Options. If you cannot find them, let us know which version of Word you are
using. Thanks.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Patrik Spieß" Patrik wrote in message
The text on top of a page should always be aligned, i.e. appear on the
very
top of the main text box. However, if you have two pages where the first
line
is from a paragraph with different settings in "default spacing" (e.g. an
H1
paragraph on top of page 1 and an H2 on page 2), the first line of the
pages
will not be vertically aligned.

This is unacceptable from a typographical point of view.

Is there a way of suppressing the "before spacing" setting for paragraphs
for such paragraphs that start on the first line of a page so that the
first
lines are vertically aligned? If not, we should write a feature request to
Microsoft, shouln't we?