Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Hiding TOC Markings

If you're referring to the TC fields, they are formatted as Hidden text. The
Show/Hide ΒΆ button toggles between display of ALL nonprinting characters
(including Hidden text) and any that are specifically checked on the View
tab of Tools | Options, so if you check everything but Hidden text (or at
least the specific marks you want_, you should get the result you desire.

"RPMitchal" wrote in message
news
Word 2003

I have inherited a rather lengthy document where the original was set up
with paragraph marks instead of styles to separate paragraphs. The

document
has additionally been marked for a TOC.

What I would like to do is continue to view the formatting marks, i.e.,
paragraphs, while toggling the the TOC Marks on and off.

It seems to me that I once was able to toggle the TOC Marks through the

use
of the Alt + F9 combination, but I could be mistaken.

Thanks in advance for any insight - RPM