Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mac

Default AutoText in protected forms

I have a 1 page letter that I need to have drop down menus and text field for
the body, but the capabilty of having autotext fill other areas. I have
entered a continuous section break just before and right after the area I
need protected. I have highlighted the section I need protected. When I use
the "tools" protection rather than the form lock protection icon, the only
options I have to choose from are formatting restrictions and editing
restrictions. I have tried using the formatting restrictions alone, I have
tried using the editing restriction of "filling in forms" alone and both of
these option in conjunction with each other. After I type in the password
and "enforce" the protection. I still can only use autotext or I can fill in
the forms. It will not allow me to do both in the same document. What am I
doing wrong?
"Beth Melton" wrote:

Note you need to use Tools/Protect Document or the Protect document
task pane in order to see the option for deselecting various sections
rather than the Protect Document command on the Forms toolbar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Yes. Insert a section break between the part you want to protect and

the
part you don't. Then you will have the option of protecting only

specific
sections.