Jay Freedman

On Tue, 31 May 2005 16:05:54 -0700, daisystich48
wrote:

I have inserted a drop-down list form field to a document that contains
hyperlinks to other documents on our network. This document has read only
access for our staff. If I unlock the document to deactivate the drop-down
list, the hyperlinks work. As soon as the document is locked, the hyperlinks
don't work.

Can I format the hyperlink or field differently? Is it a question of
security? Your help is appreciated.

The problem is that when a document is protected for forms, clicking
anywhere except in a form field doesn't register as a click. That
means the hyperlink never gets activated.

There is a workaround, although it's fairly complicated to set up. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...nksInForms.htm

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman