Leonard F Kiesling

Default caps stuck on & all text highlighted when a few letters selected

using word 2002, xp sp2, dell desktop 4600. a strange thing occurred when my
son was typing an essay. he recalls holding down right shift for 8+ seconds,
& box came up about filter keys. after that, the letters typed all capitals
& caps lock light was off. toggled backwards. & when trying to highlight a
few letters or words, all text was selected.

we did a restart & reopened word & the same document. same problems. we did
a cold boot. opened a new document & no further problems. all working
normal. deleted the old document.

the reason i'm writing, is if this happens again, is there a way to get back
to normal-default settings? without cold restart? & how did this happen to
begin with?

any feedback greatly appreciated! told my son not to press &/or hold key or
keys down!!!!

thank you, len kiesling