Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Password error from Word2003 to Word2007

It works for me, too, in both directions (.doc to .docx, and .docx to .doc).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 25 May 2009 01:51:14 +0100, "Tony Jollans" My forename at my surname
dot com wrote:

Hi Lorenz,

I have just been informed that there is a hotfix that may resolve this
issue. It worked for me with some limited testing, so give it a try:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969961/en-us

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"Lorenz Hölscher" wrote in message
Hi Tony,

Tony Jollans schrieb:
OK - I can duplicate this on SP2. It doesn't need any macros. Open a .doc
protected form and save it as a .docx in SP2, close it reopen it, and the
password is invalid.

I'll see what I can find out.

Great!
And the problem becames even stranger: if you unprotect the file
_before_ closing it everything is still okay. It needs to be closed.

bye, Lorenz