Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Default Password error from Word2003 to Word2007

I have done some testing on this and it does appear that the hotfix is
causing the destruction of document variables. I will raise the issue with
Microsoft and report back when I have more information.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Lorenz Hölscher wrote:
Hi Jay and Tony,

Jay Freedman schrieb:
It works for me, too, in both directions (.doc to .docx, and .docx
to .doc).

I will try it (but have to reinstall SP2 before...).

thanks, Lorenz

Lorenz, it might be best to wait a day or two while we check out a report
that the hotfix has a problem. MVP Cindy Meister reported this to us:

"FWIW a person in the VSTO forum reports this hotfix did fix that problem
but
caused another, a biggie. Apparently running the hotfix destroyed the doc
variables in the file. See

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...e-0045254594b2 "

--
Regards,