Jay Freedman

MarieinAnchorage wrote:
Hello. In my footer I have page numbers. Page 1 repeats itself, but
then page 2, page 3, etc. are fine. How do I change my footer/page
numbers so that I just have 1, 2, 3, etc. and not 1, 1, 2, 3, etc.?
Thank you.

You probably have a section break after the first page 1, and the page
numbers restart in the second section. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm for an
explanation of how that's accomplished. You want the opposite.

If you want to keep the section break, put the cursor anywhere in Section 2,
click View Header and Footer, and click the Page Number Format button on
the Header toolbar (the hand pointing to a # sign). In the resulting dialog,
click "Continue from previous section" and OK. Then close the header.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman