Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Renee [MSFT] Renee [MSFT] is offline

Default how do I add hanyu pinyin to Word?

SimSun, which comes with Windows, should have the Hanyu Pinyin characters in
it. Do you know how to install the Chinese support and Chinese IME? One of
the tools with the IME is a software keyboard with the Pinyin characters, so
you can type directly in Pinyin and have it show up. [or, if you are looking
to type Chinese by using PinYin, that's what the IME does by default]

Go to the Regional and Language Options in the Control Panel to get the
Chinese support installed and enable the Chinese IME.
This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

"lewhitejr" wrote:

I need to be able to correspond in Chinese. where do I get a font that will
let me write Hanyu Pinyin?