Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

Default Font Styles Not Showing Up

wrote:
This is a Windows Question for Word Users.....

I have some Third Party Fonts I was using on an old machine that I am
retiring and moved them to my new Vista Machine The face has Roman,
Bold, Italic, Bold/Italic.

I copy the font files into the font directory. In Word (and everything
else, only Regular and Bold Italic show up in the font dialog as being
available.

I'm surprised "Bold Italic" shows up. Word and most other Windows programs
usually handle the whole font family behind the scenes.
You see only the base font as a "font" in the font dropdown, and apply
italic, bold, or bold italic as "font styles" (say with the buttons on the
formatting toolbar):
http://www.addbalance.com/word/image...tDialogBox.gif

Klaus