Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Totally Frustrated

Default turn of "requesting virus scan" in word

I am using XP Home, Word 2002. On openeiong, Word it takes extended time
"requesting virus scan". I have followed all the links on advice boards about
turning off office pugins in Nortons AV 2006. I have done this but it has no
effect. I have just installed NAV 2006 and it still does it. It was doing it
before with NAV 2004 version and continues to do it with the new 2006
version. By the way I have tried this many times but still with no luck
Please any help. - Totally frustrated