Greg Maxey

Anthea,

It is a macro that runs in Word. You have to install it and then run it.
It will look at your document and count the occurrence of each unique word
then build a report.

For help installing a macro see: http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm

Do to the word wrapping that has undoubtably occurred, you will probably
have to clean up the code when you paste in the the VB Editor.

Another easy method to count occurrences of individual words is to use
EditReplace. Type the word in the find field and ^& in the replace field
then replace all. ^& represents the contents of the find field so your
document won't be changed at all. Word will report how many replacements
were made which is the same a word count.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support

Anthea wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply, Greg, but I'm not sure how to use what
you've
posted!? Is it within Word, or is it a separate program?
Sorry, I'm a little slow when it comes to some of the more technical
stuff...

Anthea

"Greg Maxey" wrote:

The following macro does a decent job.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support

Anthea wrote:
Hello,

I have been told that somewhere in Word there is a way to check how
frequently a word occurs in the English language. I'm trying to
determine word frequencies for a large list of words and if I have
the option of doing it within the Word program, that would be heaps
quicker.

Hope someone can help me....Thanks!