Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Font color button

"gordo" wrote in message ...

I want to change the default to black so that when I open Word, it shows
black instead of red.

There is a "Font color" choice on the Set Defaults tab of the Manage Styles
dialog box. Did you try it? You'll need to select "New documents based on
this template" to save the option to the attached template (which for blank
documents is Normal.dotm). I'm assuming that you are using Word 2007 or
2010.

What you can't do, however, is change the default color that *Word* applies
if you click the Font Color button on the Home tab.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP