Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ebentall ebentall is offline

Default Saving a template so it opens as a unsaved doc

Hi all, Using ancient Word 97, so bear with me!

I have created and saved a template for a letterhead. When I open it
through Explorer, it opens an unsaved document based on the template I have
created (which is how I expect templates to respond!). However, when I, or
anyone else opens it through Word (File, Open etc) then it opens the template
to edit that, rather than a new document, which is what I DON'T want it to
do! I need to be able to edit the doc but I want anyone else to just be able
to use the letterhead for their own letters, not to edit the template.

Hope this makes sense! ANY help gratefully received!