Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default keyboard shortcut for english to french characters - undo it!???

Or you have a laptop with a "function" key that changes what some keys
on your keyboard do -- find it and press it again.

On Feb 7, 1:06*am, "Graham Mayor" wrote:
You have probably changed the keyboard setting in Windows regional options.
I think the default switching command is Left ALT + Shift which toggles
through the installed language options. Add the language toolbar to the
Windows Taskbar and/or remove unwanted languages from Windows regional
settings.

Either that or you have used the short cuts for accented characters (see
insert symbol) - in which case delete the characters and type in the
correct ones.

Vista is an operating system, not a Word version?

--

Graham Mayor - *Word MVP

My web sitewww.gmayor.com
Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org

erchpiglet wrote:
I accidentally pressed a series of keys which gave me French
characters for certain keys. *How do I undo that? *(And how did I do
it in the first place?!) *This was in Vista but is it the same for
Word 2003?
Thanks!-