Jeff

Default images in a Word doc

I am using Word 2002 in Windows XP.

I opened a html webpage with many images in Word and then saved it as a Word
doc (not html). This went fine.

The webpage's images were in a separate image directory. If I delete the
separate directory where the web images reside, they disappear from the Word
doc and are replaced with a x marker. They reappear when I restore the
image directory. Therefore, I assume they are not really in the Word doc but
just linked to it. How do I change this so I can delete the image directory
and still have the images actually in the Word doc I created?

Thanks.

--

Jeff Stevens
Email address deliberately false to avoid spam